There’s no doubt about it – human beings are complex creatures. And a great part of selling anything you can imagine to other human beings takes a bit of psychological understanding. You have to be able to read people, to understand what motivates them and to integrate that into your sales strategy. For no matter how good your listing leads are, you will ultimately have to convince other members of our flawed species that your services are best suited for their needs. So, how do you do this effectively? How do you sell better, faster and more profitably from the probate lead list we can provide you with? Take a look at some of the psychological tools “power sellers” use to close the deal.
- Give your prospect fewer options: Don’t make the decision making process overly complicated for your potential clients. You can best accomplish this by researching your prospects ahead of time in order to determine their specific needs. Also, boil your presentation down to a few specific benefits you can produce for him/her.
- Understand the 3 types of buyers: Experts have broken down buyers into three types: spendthrifts, tightwads and average spenders. Their percentage in the general population breaks down to 15%, 24% and 61% respectively. If you are selling to tightwads be sure to bundle your services and explain why this saves them money in the long run.
- Flaunt your expertise to build credibility: The more of an authority you are as a seller the more confidence buyers will have in you and your services. We can provide you with probate mastery training that will instill confidence in your prospects and help your business to become more profitable. With our program and our archived conference and video calls we can give more information on turning leads into prospects and prospects into clients.
- Use urgency in a smart way: Let people know about the deadlines that exist as far as the courts are concerned. People will be more likely to choose your services if you let them know that you are prepared to act quickly on their behalf in order to put them at the greatest advantage.
- Ask hesitant prospects to explain their reasoning: One effective way to poke holes in a prospect’s objections to using your services is to ask them to explain why they are hesitant. People like to appear to be consistent and logical even when they are not. Use this. Take this opportunity to chip away at their defenses and to further promote your service, explain your qualifications and to state your expertise in the field.
In short, great leads + a power seller = great profits. Great leads + a poor salesperson = poor sales. By pulling back the curtain and looking at what motivates people you can stand among the world’s most effective sales people, marketers and politicians. This – along with our quality leads and the education we can provide – will boost your sales and response rates to the next level.