The late Kasey Casem used to say at the end of his weekly Top 40 broadcast, “Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.” Well, this is advice all small business owners should follow. They should remain rooted in reality while still thinking ahead to possibly growing and expanding their business. How do you do it? Below are 5 effective expansion tips you can use to successfully grow your small business
- Utilize a customer management system (CMS): If you have multiple customers it can be a bit confusing, not to mention cumbersome, to keep track of them all. This is where a customer management system can come in handy. Programs like QuickBooks can help you with the accounting end of things while cloud-based software like SaleForce can help you with the marketing side of your expanding business.
- Improve your homepage: A well-designed webpage allows the search engines to find your site easier. Not only that, it also makes it easier for customers to contact you, navigate your site and sign up for your service. Additionally, a page that has effective SEO also places higher in search engine rankings. Thus, you should always be working on your page in order to reap the above benefits.
- Build an email list: This is essential for any business that wishes to expand. Email lists are vital for keeping in contact with current customers and for seeking out new opportunities as well. Moreover, there are plenty of companies that can help you manage your list as it begins to grow.
- Partner with others to help with your expansion: As we’ve said in the past, you will need to partner with others in order to grow your business and to be able to serve your customers in ways your competitors are not able to do.
- Increase your business’s visibility: Although you want to resist the urge to run your business completely through Facebook, you do want to increase your online presence as much as possible in order to let people know you are out there. This is helpful even if you have a brick and mortar location.
Perhaps you are working alone with no one to help you outside your network of professionals such as probate attorneys, bankers, etc. Well, you can add us as a part of that network by purchasing our listing leads and by taking our probate courses. These tools will help you as you plan your growth.